Are you considering a career in health?
We are here to help!
The Rangatahi Programme is a great opportunity for Māori and Pacific Year 12 and Year 13 students, who attend school within the Auckland and Waitemata District Health Boards boundaries, learn more about a career in health, prepare for the right tertiary study programme, and then gain employment in health. The Rangatahi Programme offers:
- An introduction to Māori and Pacific health professionals currently working in a hospital
- Insight into what the health workplace looks like, and what a health career entails
- A 7-hour Introductory Day at Auckland Hospital
- A Workplace Experience Week at Auckland Hospital
- Support right through to graduation from tertiary study and into the health workplace.
Latest News & Events
- Rangatahi Programme Health Careers Webinar - Online Registration: Rangatahi Programme Webinar Session via Zoom Kia Ora Koutou and Warm Pacific Greetings Please use this form to register for our upcoming Rangatahi Programme Webinar Session scheduled for Thursday 30th July at either 2.00pm or 5.00pm session. Both session times will be the same content and the alter session is for students who cannot make the earlier one. We will be using this forum to share insights and inspiration with our Māori and Pacific Year 12 & 13… READ MORE
- Work Experience Week for 17 Year Olds - The last Work Experience Week for 2019 is October 7th - 11th Rangatahi from our participating schools will be offered an opportunity to experience working in different departments throughout our hospital guided by our experienced Health Practitioners. This contributes to providing our future health practitioners with quality insight, industry knowledge and real experience. To be considered for a place on our Work Experience Week programme you must have: Previously attended an Introduction Day Be 17 years of age Please note places… READ MORE