Are you considering a career in health?
We are here to help!
The Rangatahi Programme is a great opportunity for Māori and Pacific Year 12 and Year 13 students, who attend school within the Auckland and Waitemata District Health Boards boundaries, learn more about a career in health, prepare for the right tertiary study programme, and then gain employment in health. The Rangatahi Programme offers:
- An introduction to Māori and Pacific health professionals currently working in a hospital
- Insight into what the health workplace looks like, and what a health career entails
- A 7-hour Introductory Day at Auckland Hospital
- A Workplace Experience Week at Auckland Hospital
- Support right through to graduation from tertiary study and into the health workplace.
Latest News & Events
- Work Experience Week for Year 13 Students - A whole week discovering what it’s like to work in our hospital. This is a work experience week where rangatahi from our participating schools work in a hospital and discover what the health workplace feels like. Ideally you must have previously attended an Introduction Day The Work Experience Week in 2018 will be 16th - 20th July. If you are interested in applying, please email Alexis with your expression of interest at AlexisC@adhb.govt.nz subject line - RP WEW Jul18 READ MORE
- Introductory Day for Year 12 and 13 Students - A whole day to see and hear from people at work in our hospital. This is an 7-hour introductory clinical experience day where rangatahi from our participating schools meet Māori and Pacific health professionals, see people at work in a hospital and discover what the health workplace looks like. There are a minimum of 4 Introductory Days per year. If you are interested in participating in one of our Introduction Days, please fill out an Student Introduction Day Application. Alternatively… READ MORE